Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The evaluation yesterday went really well. We met with the speech pathologist and the school psychologist and they administered the full Battelle Developmental Inventory. I was very impressed with some of the things that Luke was asked and answered correctly. One of the questions was, "Why do we wear clothes?" He answered, "Because we can't go to work in our 'jamas." It was cute.
He seemed comfortable, albeit tired, and was focused with a couple of 5 minute breaks to run in the hall.
A question for me was, "Does your child follow a command the first time you ask him?" NO! She said it was a universal 'no'. In two weeks we'll go for the treatment recommendation meeting. I asked if they had a feeling as to how we'd proceed. The answer I received confirmed my gut feelings...no developmental delays. Average if not advanced.
That sweet little guy.

This week is the week of appointments. Tuesday was the evaluation, I have an appointment tomorrow with my NP, Levi has his 12 month well baby visit on Friday.
Next week I'll start off with another job interview. Same agency, different department. When asked, I told them I was comfortable with issuing a urinalysis. The joys of having a degree.

No comments: